By the end of Junior Secondary School level, the learner should be able to:
- Listen and respond appropriately to relevant information in a variety of contexts.
- Read a wide variety of texts fluently, accurately, and interpretively for lifelong learning.
- Develop critical thinking skills for life.
- Read and analyze literary material and relate them to real-life experiences.
- Develop a lifelong interest in reading on a wide range of subjects.
- Use grammatical forms to communicate appropriately in different settings.
- Write texts legibly, creatively, and cohesively to empower them for life.
- Apply digital literacy skills to enhance proficiency in English.
- Appreciate the role of English as a medium for creativity and talent development.